2023 ATHEN Virtual STEM Accessibility Conference: Acc3ss N0w!
On February 9 and 10 of 2023, ATHEN will host the second annual Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Accessibility: Acc3ss N0w virtual conference! Based upon last year's successful event, we strive for a diverse conference where experts can share their best practices, solutions, techniques, etc. for accessing and creating accessible STEM content in higher education. This will be exciting, novel, resourceful, and enlightening to all who care about accessible content in STEM fields in higher education.
Dates and Times
Location: Virtual, via Zoom Meetings
- Day 1: Thursday, February 9, 2023 from 9 am - 1 pm Pacific / 12 pm - 4 pm Eastern (4 hours)
- Day 2: Friday, February 10, 2023 from 9 am - 12 pm Pacific / 12 pm - 3 pm Eastern (3 hours)
View Conference Schedule and Session Details
Review common questions and answers at Attendee Info for 2023 STEM Conference.
Registration is now closed. More information will be coming about how to access the recordings for those who did not sign up to attend the conference live.
- ATHEN and AHEAD members: FREE, membership will be verified upon registration
- Speakers: FREE
- Non-members of ATHEN or AHEAD: $100 USD/day. After registering, submit the 2023 Payment Form.
- There will be 2-3 concurrent sessions offered each hour, with execption of the Opening Session and Closing Session.
- All sessions are scheduled for 45 minutes with a 15 minute break between meeting times.
- All sessions will be recorded and made available to conference attendees.
- All sessions will be closed captioned.
Opening Session: The Big Picture of STEM Accessibility
The ATHEN Executive Council will present the opening session titled, "the Big Picture of STEM Accessibility". This Opening Session is designed to provide attendees a cohesive understanding of the complexity of making STEM content accessible, and set forth a common vernacular that conference sessions will build upon. We will share the current foundational definitions, challenges, tools, technologies of the field as we understand them. Great for those newer to the field, as well as those seasoned veterans who may be less familiar with certain STEM accessibility subtopics.
Real-time Captioning will be provided. If you would like to request other disability-related accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
ATHEN's previous Virtual Conference agendas:
- View 2022 ATHEN Virtual Conference Information
- 2021 ATHEN Virtual Conference not held
- View 2020 ATHEN Virtual Conference Information
- View 2019 ATHEN Virtual Conference Information
- View 2018 ATHEN Virtual Conference information